Beetroots are packed with nutrients and are a popular ingredient for culinary use. To reap its benefits, beetroot juice can also be included in the diet. It is tasty, has a high absorption rate thus an excellent health drink.
Let us discuss some of the reasons why beetroot juice is an excellent option to consume.
1. Beetroot is naturally rich in dietary nitrates which get converted into nitric oxide in our body. Nitric oxide acts as vasodilators and improves blood flow. This improved blood circulation means a better supply of oxygen and nutrients to our body. Due to this reason, beetroot juice is fondly consumed by athletes before going for an intense exercise session as it helps boost stamina and endurance.
2. This potential to improve the blood flow also makes beetroot juice good for people suffering from hypertension, as it relaxes the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure.
3. Beetroot juice also comes with the benefits of nutrients like vitamin C, folic acid, manganese, potassium, iron, calcium, copper, vitamin B6 and Betaine.
4. Beetroot juice is top-notch for cleansing. It helps flush out toxins from the body and promotes liver health. In addition, betaines naturally present in beetroots also boosts liver functionality.
5. Consuming beetroot juice daily also reduces the risk of cancer due to the presence of betaines and vitamin C which acts as powerful antioxidants and neutralises free radicals. Beets protect our healthy cells and tissues from free radical damage which might cause the development of cancer in the long run.
6. Being rich in antioxidants, beetroot juice keeps our skin healthy and avert signs of ageing and wrinkles.
7. Beetroot juice can be used in the therapeutic management of anaemia as it boosts iron levels in our body and fights against iron deficiency anaemia.
8. Beetroot juice is a boon for our digestive health. It improves metabolism and alleviates indigestion issues like constipation, acidity, bloating, etc.
9. Some studies observed that even being high in sugar, beetroot juice helps maintain blood glucose levels and prevent sudden spikes. Therefore, diabetic people can also enjoy beetroot juice.
To conclude, beetroots are exceptionally good for our health. They are yummy and easy to incorporate into the diet. If you are consuming beetroot juice then you may observe that pass pink colour urine which is completely normal. One can initially begin with half a cup of juice and then gradually serving size can be increased as per the body’s response. Additionally, if you have a tendency of developing calcium oxalate kidney stones then beetroot juice is not advisable.