Birch water is a tab which is tapped from the trees of Birch, mainly Betula pendula and Betula pubescens. It is popularly consumed in countries like US, Europe and China due to its promising health benefits. It is a nutritional drink and is also commonly used in many skincare products. When birch water is tapped, it is clear, colourless but slightly sweet. Though it is also commercially available in many flavours which might contain some added sugars. It is also used as a natural probiotic, and post-fermentation.
Let us get to know some of the reasons why Birch water is designated as a health drink or superfood.
- It is a natural detoxifier and helps in flushing out toxins from our body. People aiming to detox can use birch water easily as it also strengthens our immunity.
- It is naturally low in calories, hence can be used by people looking to lose weight.
- It comes with the benefits of many nutrients like magnesium, manganese, zinc and calcium.
- Being rich in magnesium and manganese, it helps in strengthening the bones and helps maintain bone density. Additionally, manganese is required for the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Birch water is rich in antioxidant - polyphenols and prevents free radical damage hence good for our skin health.
- The antioxidant property of birch water also makes it good for sports and active people as it reduces oxidative stress. Hence it can be used post-workout for supportive recovery.
- Birch water also contains vitamin C which works together with other antioxidants in keeping our skin health and reducing the signs of ageing. Additionally, vitamin C protects our skin from the damaging effects of ultra-violet (UV) rays.
- It is low in calories but rich in minerals. The potassium content of birch water helps maintain the electrolytic balance of the body and keeps us hydrated.
- Being a detoxifier, birch water is good for our liver and kidneys healthy.
- Birch water contains saponin which possesses cholesterol-reducing property hence keeps our heart healthy.
- It is also effective in reducing inflammation, therefore good for relieving joints pain and manages conditions like arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- It is good for people who frequently suffer from bloating as it flushes out extra water from the body and reduces water retention.
- Birch water is a health drink suitable for all ages including elderly people, for overall health and vitality.
To conclude, Birch water comes with numerous health benefits. Anyone can use to enjoy the health benefits. People who are allergic to birch pollen should refrain from using this. Also, since it is very high in manganese and magnesium hence should be consumed in moderation to prevent any toxicity.