Hydration is an important aspect not just for sports person, in-fact for everyone to stay active and full of energy. People who do not drink enough water can be encouraged to drink more by including theses hydrating drinks.
Homemade electrolyte and CHO rich beverages are easy to digest and help fuel athletes as well.
In summers, cold water should be used as it helps lower your core body temperature. Also, they can be absorbed more quickly.
1) Pomegranate Electrolyte Drink
- Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and minerals.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- 2 cups of cold water
2) Sea salt -Maple Drink Recipe
- 500ml (16.9oz) cold water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Lemon juice, to tastes
Combine all of the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
3) Beetroot- Amla Juice
- 1/2 bottle gourd
- 2-3 medium-sized beetroots
- 100 gms amla
- Pinch of black salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Lemon juice
4) Aloevera Juice
- It is packed with powerful antioxidants
- Aloevera gel
- Wheatgrass juice
5) Chia seeds soaked in coconut water
Chia seeds can absorb up to 10 times more water and can be used as a natural energy drink. Seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals and a fair amount of protein.
You can add orange juice as well in any of the above drinks.
What's the best part about homemade drinks? They taste fresh and you can add honey or and salt as per your requirement.