It feels like more than a decade by now, since the coronavirus pandemic doesn’t seem to stop. So, maintaining social distance, wearing a mask before stepping out, home isolation in case of evident symptoms is the “new normal”.
If you are going to the office daily or need to go due to various reasons, follow the suggested instructions to avoid chances of catching this viral infection.
Must-do Things to save yourself:-
- Always wear a mask with 5 protective layers:- The purpose of wearing a mask is to protect yourself, but the availability of fancy masks, which do not offer you much protection as they do not have filters or protective layers. So, it is advisable to use only masks which come with filters or are layered and offer a shield if someone coughs or sneezes in front of you.
- Always carry a sanitiser:- There is a huge rise in various types of sanitisers available in the market. Again, choose the one which is alcohol-based (more than 70%) from an authentic brand. There are many duplicate sanitisers available which do not offer you protection.
- Wash your hands frequently:- It has been suggested by health authorities to keep washing your hands every 1-2 hours.
- Take a bath when back at home:- It is important to dip your clothes in detergent water and take a proper bath using a good body wash or soap, followed by wearing clean clothes.
- Include Kadha - Kadha is an immunity-boosting beverage and made using spices and herbs. Try including homemade Kadha, which can be easily prepared by a concoction of spices in water. E.g. Haldi, cloves, tulsi, peppercorns, cinnamon.
- Take steam & gargle using saline water - Steam inhalation might kill the virus by inactivating it, as it is said to reside in the throat. Gargle with warm water along with some salt & turmeric in it twice a day.
To conclude, the above suggestions are not sure cure but are only measures to be taken to avoid the occurrence of COVID-19 disease. Be cautious, take precautions and stay healthy!