An upset stomach can ruin your days. Washrooms becoming your constant companion isn’t an exciting thought for you and sight for the rest. But like every other health concerns, getting an upset stomach is common, especially among children because of their love to gulp down junk foods and in large quantity at times. We all face the problems at some stage and it can occur due to nausea, bloating, diarrhoea, stomach cramp or enjoying heavy and spicy foods which result getting the stomach uncomfortable.
To ease the discomfort caused due to an upset stomach, certain foods can prove beneficial and aid towards getting rid of the problem. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that you can enjoy:
1. Bananas: High in fibre and containing pectin which helps in regulating the bowel movement, bananas are easily digestible and can be eaten to soothe the stomach. The fruit also boasts a good content of vitamin B6 and magnesium that reduces bloating and relaxes the muscles.
2. Ginger: A natural remedy for nausea and vomiting, ginger is widely consumed by people in many ways. You can have ginger tea or even a small slice of ginger sprinkled with black salt to ease your stomach discomfort.
3. Papaya: The fruit is a rich source of proteolytic enzymes which helps aid indigestion and constipation. Apart from digestion, papaya also provides relief from a toothache, regulates menstruation, enhances immunity, improves skin care and helps in weight loss.
4. White Rice: Starchy in nature, white rice is known to provide quick relief to the stomach and is commonly fed to babies during constipation and diarrhoea. Any adult suffering from the same can also eat a bowl or two depending on his hunger.
5. Potatoes: Another starchy food, potatoes and easy to digest and helps those suffering from diarrhoea. It helps absorb fluids and adds the necessary bulk to the stool contributing towards an easy pass.
6. Apples: Not just the whole fruit but apple sauces too provide the required energy to a body. The fruit is rich in pectin which helps with digestion and stool formation.
7. Herbal Teas: Peppermint and chamomile teas among the many soothes the stomach because they are known to be rich in several healing properties. Herbal teas are also used since many years in the treatment of indigestion, gas, nausea and vomiting.
8. Coconut Water: Rich in electrolytes and potassium that are necessary to hydrate a body, coconut water provides relief to an upset stomach and also makes for an ideal drink to be relished anytime.
9. Yoghurt: Due to the presence of good bacteria, yoghurt is enjoyed by people across the globe and it is known to benefit a person in several ways. Yoghurt also helps reduce discomfort from an upset stomach and serving plain yoghurt with no added sugar or flavours minimises stomach irritation.
10. Caraway Seeds: The seeds are good for treating constipation, bloating and stomach spasms. You can either chew them or can use the seeds to prepare yourself a hot cup of tea.
So the next time you find yourself running to the washroom every five minutes or you are finding discomfort in your stomach, try any of these foods and get instant relief from the pain.