Nutrition is the key behind each of our being making us who we are today by nurturing our bodies to grow into healthier ones. Making sure you have all the nutrients in your diet is one of the crucial steps for leading a wholesome life. Even then many people tend to miss out on certain nutrients that play an important role in the diet.
Calcium is the most abundant and important mineral found in the human body. Most calcium in the body is concentrated in our teeth and bones, while rest is found in the nerve cells, body tissues, blood, and other body fluids. People who limit dairy food tend to have a deficiency of the same.
Calcium helps your body with:
- Building stronger bones and teeth
- Helps in blood clotting
- Maintaining nerve signals
- Muscular movement in the body
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin found in many of our daily consumed fruits and vegetables. It helps our body fight free radicals and acts as a potent antioxidant for improved immune function. The human body cannot produce or store vitamin C.
Vitamin C helps your body with:
- Formation of collagen
- Absorption of iron
- Proper functioning of the immune system
- Maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth
Fibre, also known as roughage, is one of the incredibly important parts of our diet, as it helps keep our stomach healthy. It is found mainly in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes and can help maintain body weight and lower your risk of diabetes & heart disease.
Fibre helps your body with:
- Weight management
- Healthier Gut
- Natural Detox
- Reduces Risk of Certain Cancers
Potassium is an electrolyte that helps your nerves function and muscles contract. It is also crucial in moving nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells. A potassium-rich diet is also good to avert harmful effects of sodium on blood pressure.
Potassium helps your body with:
- Helps with blood pressure and cardiovascular health
- Helps in bone and muscle maintenance
- Maintains kidney health
- Citrus Fruits: oranges & grapefruit
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is crucial to support healthy vision and your immune system, and it also helps your heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs to work properly.
Vitamin A helps your body with:
- Protects Your Eyes From Night Blindness and Age-Related Decline
- Supports a Healthy Immune System
- Supports Bone Health
- Promotes Healthy Growth and Reproduction
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient that acts as an antioxidant in our body, protecting our cells from any damage. It might help support your immune system and even keep your blood from clotting.
Vitamin E helps your body with:
- Protects against heart diseases
- Protects against eye disorders
- Enable better mental function
- May prevent cancer