• Organic food is healthier than conventional

In today’s market, organic food is a buzz that they are good for health and pesticide free. This is partially true because farmers growing organic foods are allowed to use various chemical sprays and powders on their crop. In case, pesticides are used it must be derived from natural sources not from synthetic sources. Apart from this, organic foods available in the supermarket are more expensive than conventional food.

  • Stay hydrated with 8 glasses of water a day

Water is the most important entity as our body is majorly composed of it. Therefore, consuming water on a daily basis is essential but it stays unclear that how much is enough. According to the National Academies of Sciences women should consume 2.7 litres of total water a day while for men it is 3.7 litres. It seems that individual average water intake from liquids is about 80% of the total water intake while the remaining 20% comes from foods. Hence, the suggestion to drink 8 glasses of water directly from the faucet could exceed your actual needs. Moreover, the amount of water required to stay hydrated may depend upon factors like body type, dehydration, what people eat and the living conditions.

  • Consumption of eggs is linked to heart diseases

It is just a myth that consuming egg is not good for heart health. This myth might be a result of eggs containing cholesterol but it is actually found only in egg yolk. The quantity of cholesterol present in the egg is very low as compared to other foods therefore, it can’t be bad for the heart. Apart from this, the eggs are an excellent source of all the essential nutrients required for proper development of the body. It is generally considered as a complete food.

  • Coffee is bad for you

This is a common myth that intake of coffee for long term is not good for health. The actual reason behind this myth is the presence of caffeine in it. But approximately 400 mg of caffeine a day is considered to be safe. Consumption of coffee at night may cause trouble in sleeping.

Alongside, there are various health benefits of coffee as it contains ample amount of antioxidants. It helps in alleviating fatigue and improves concentration and focus.

  • Cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis

This is another false statement as cracking your joints does not lead to the development of arthritis in the future. The cracking sound is a result of bubble formation within the synovial fluid present in joints. While cracking the knuckle joints are pulled slightly apart which releases some accumulated pressure. This results in the formation and excitation of some bubbles in the fluids that generates the pop sound.


Tangle, L.H.(n.d.) About Organic Produce.Retrieved from

Dietary Reference Intakes: Water, Potassium, Sodium, Chloride, and Sulfate.(2004). Retrieved from

EFSA .(2015).Scientific Opinion on the Safety of Caffeine, EFSA Journal, 13(5):4102

Older Post Newer Post