Our brain is the control centre of the body. It keeps our lungs breathing, our heart beating and allows us to think, move and feel. There are certain foods that can help you to boost your brain health, concentration and memory.
1. Fatty Fish: Sardines, salmon and trouts are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids which are a major building block of the brain. They help to improve memory, mood and protect our brain from age-related mental decline.
2. Coffee: The antioxidant and caffeine content helps to boost mood, sharpens concentration and increases alertness.
3. Turmeric: The active ingredient in turmeric is Curcumin that can directly enter the brain and benefit the brain cells. It is a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory compounds that help to benefit brain health. It helps to reduce symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and depression.
4. Broccoli: It has good amounts of vitamin K, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that protect our brain from damage.
5. Pumpkin Seeds: They are a great source of zinc, copper, iron and magnesium. The antioxidant content protects our brain from free radical damage.
6. Dark chocolate: The flavonoid content helps to protect the brain along with caffeine and antioxidants that help to boost both mood and memory.
7. Nuts: Their consumption prevents us from neurodegenerative diseases and improves cognition. The vitamin E along with healthy fats and antioxidants helps to slow down mental decline and protects from free radical damage.
8. Oranges: Vitamin C helps to prevent mental decline and protects against age-related issues. Helps to defend our brain against free radical damage so include vitamin C foods like guava, bell peppers, kiwi, strawberries and tomatoes in your daily diet.
9. Eggs: It is a rich source of folate, choline, vitamin B6 and B12 which are important for brain development and functioning along with regulating our mood.
10. Green Tea: The caffeine content of green tea helps to boost brain functioning. It improves focus, performance, alertness and memory.