Holi is a colourful festival played with the spirit of love and warmth. People celebrate this colourful festival with vibrant colours and by splashing colourful water at each other. But along with spreading joy it can also be a cause of immense damage to our skin and hair. Few people avoid playing holi just to stay away from the chemical infused colours as they provoke skin and hair problems. You might take all the possible routes to escape them but people will find you and smear your face with colours. So, follow these smart home remedies to strip off the colours this holi:
- Hair oiling is the foremost step before playing holi as it prevents or lessens the damage. Thoroughly massage your hair with oil like mustard oil, olive oil, castor oil and coconut oil.
- Rinse your hair with water to wash off the excess colours. It is important to condition your hair with some kind of natural hair pack to prevent any hair damage.
- Apply hair pack prepared by soaking a few fenugreek seeds or 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder in four tbsp of curd. After 30 minutes wash it off with a herbal shampoo.
- For deep conditioning apply an admixture of honey and olive oil.
- You can also cleanse your hair with homemade herbal shampoo. Prepare it by soaking shikakai, reetha and amla overnight. Next morning give it a boil and wash your hair with the strained liquid.
Unfasten Colour from Skin
- First, remove the gulal or colour with a soft towel or hand. After that, wash it off with normal water.
- Never use hot water for cleansing purpose as it solidifies the colour.
- Apply cold cream or coconut oil on your skin prior to playing holi as it makes the washing task easier.
- Always apply mild cleanser followed by a moisturising cream. Cleansers having aloe vera & lemon are more efficient in removing colours.
- Moisturise your lips with vaseline to protect them from synthetic colours.
- You can also use ubtan for removing colour from the body.
- Glycerine treatment is also effective to get rid of itchiness. Apply a combination of glycerine and rose water on face then rinse it with warm water.
- Last but not least, apply Multani Mitti powder on your face.
By following these smart tricks relish this holi with vibrant hues without any fear of damage.
So, break free from the fear of colourful gulal, water balloons and pichkaris. Have a fun-filled safe Holi !!!!!!!!