Excessive amounts of saturated fats are unhealthy but using them in limited quantities can help you enhance your overall health along with enhancing the flavour of the food. However please note that this may not be true for people with any predisposed conditions.
Ghee should be added to your daily diet because of its amazing health benefits like:
• It is an important source of fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, E and K2. Our body is able to absorb fat-soluble vitamins only when we eat them with high-fat foods like ghee. These vitamins have a good antioxidant effect and help to improve our immunity.
• It is a good source of CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid) and this helps to lower blood cholesterol levels, stabilise blood pressure and has the ability to reduce tumours.
• Ghee has powerful antioxidants because of the presence of vitamin E. It is great for skin and hair.
• It has a positive effect on your nervous system and your gut. Ghee helps to repair and regulate the gut lining which is very important for our brain health.
• It is a rich source of butyric acid that supports and improves the probiotic bacteria of our stomach. Ghee also helps in assisting the production of bile from our liver and balancing the amount of HCL in our stomach.
• Ghee is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and these are known as the essential fatty acids because our body is unable to make them. They need to be supplied through our diet. It is rich in DHA which is a type of omega 3 fatty acid. DHA is linked to reducing inflammation, brain development, and slowing the ageing process.
In conclusion, ghee is an important source of good saturated fats, fat-soluble vitamins and essential nutrients. It can also be consumed as a good fat source by people who are looking to lose weight. So don’t be afraid of adding ghee to your healthy diet.